Please Help Homeless Pets by donating one dollar!
Dogs that get Constipated: here's your options.....
By: Dr. Jane Bicks
Hard stools and then difficulty in passing them are the usual signs
and symptoms of constipation in dogs.
Older dogs are more prone to it, as are young ones that are fed improperly
or have eaten something they shouldn't have.
If your dog shows any signs of illness, he must be brought to the
veterinarian immediately, since there could be a blockage of the intestinal
The following will help your dog:
- Add canned pumpkin to every meal. The dosage can range from 1/8 tsp for
a small dog to 1/2 tsp for a large dog, depending upon results. Start with
1/4 tsp for a medium and large dog, increasing the amount depending on
Or you can do the following:
- Add wheat bran to every meal. Follow the same dosages as for the
pumpkin. For increased taste, combine it with brewer's yeast.
- Put your dog on a high fiber diet recommended by your veterinarian,
changing foods slowly.
- Add water to the food.
- Keep the water dish clean and full of fresh water, to encourage your dog
to drink more.
- Supplement with brewer's yeast.
- Supplement with acidophilus daily.
- Supplement with folic acid.
- Increase the dog's exercise.
- Add vegetable enzyme to the food.
Do you .... really know..... how to keep
your Pets Healthy?
The life expectancy of our pets should be up to 30
However, most pets only live to about 13 to 14.
Find out how you can help your pet live the longest life possible!
Discover more about this
Remarkable Pet Food