Please Help Pets with a Small Donation of One Dollar
Why do Birds Sing Songs, Chatter, Talk & Whistle?
By: Petey, Petunia & Tweet Tweet
Birds Sing Songs, Chatter, Call, Talk or Whistle for a variety
of reasons which we will explain for you here in this article.
Just like other pets, birds have a need to communicate to
their owners, other birds and other pets in the home the
bird's needs, feelings or emotions. Birds have their own
unique way of communicating their desires through body
language and through their voice.
A Bird talks when it is content and happy and wants to
send a message to the another bird or it's owner.
When a bird whistles it is communicating that the bird feels
content, safe and is at ease in it's world.
Some birds just like to talk, talk about anything; their
environment, how they feel, the state of the union....
so to communicate their thoughts, they chatter/chirp, sometimes
incessantly, sometimes loud, sometimes soft.
Young birds chirp or chatter when they want fed. Birds in
the wild often chatter as a warning sign to other birds that
something is not right in their environment, or as a call
to attract another bird's attention.
While there are many reasons why a bird sings, it generally
can be divided into:
When it is communicating a message to another bird
When it is communicating a message to it's owner
When it is content and happy and just feels like singing a song
More specifically Birds Call or Sing:
* Calling or singing to attract a mate.
* Calling or singing to establish the bird's territory
* As an indication of the readiness of either or both
partners for mating activity
* Maintain a bond between male and female bird
* As a way of communication between parent and young
* As a means of warning it's mate or other members of the flock
* As a means of gathering a flock together or finding each other
* As a means of encouragement to fellow flock members (such
as the case of geese flying and calling to other members to
* As a tactic of intimidation to predators or other birds
* Birds do practice their songs, calling and talking through repetition
The Language and
Communication of Birds
How Male Birds attract Female Birds
How Birds recognize
Songs part one
recognize Songs part two