Birds     |     Dogs     |     Cats     |     Horses     |     Small Pets

Peppy Pets
Feb. 23, 04

Remember Me Mummy – In Memory of my Adorable Cat Pippin

Pippin was only two years old, he was killed a few days ago by a car.
Here is the Poem I wrote for his mum (my wife) who is inconsolable.

I was only out playing as I usually do
Just looking to bounce with a friend or two,
I was running and jumping
Getting my little heart pumping.

The road was quiet, I always looked
When I heard the car, I got so spooked,
It didn’t hurt me mummy, I promise you so
It was just my time, time to go where special pets go.

Its humans you see it’s not a dream
I was taken by a man made metal machine,
They called it a car which went too fast
I am now gone and forever in the past .

My friends up here are looking after me
But not the same as being on your knee,
Mummy please, please remember me
I loved you so, so much you see.

Until we meet again, just look at the moon
We will cuddle again one special day soon ,
Up here in heaven I have my sight
When I see you next, it will be my delight.

Mummy oh mummy please be free
Always, always remember me.

Author – Michael Thomas Chambers

Plush Animals you will Totally Adore

Sweet as Roses Ideas for Pet Gifts

Pet Supplies

Read all Pet Ezines


Elizabeth Mangano

I loved Arnie from the moment I saw him. He was my
grandpa's 2nd Pug (Arnie II), but I knew him much better
than I did the first Arnie. I was 12, and met while we were
visiting my grandparents. He was maybe 6 months then.

He was given to my grandparents out of gratitude by 2 ladies
who had rented on of their apartments. Shortly before
Christmas, my grandma answered a knock on the door to see
one of the ladies holding a giant stack of newspapers. She
was puzzled, but as she invited them in, she noticed the 2nd
lady was holding a big red ribbon. Then the ribbon moved --
and she saw little Arnie.

I walked him once when he was a puppy -- I slipped and hit
my head on the ice. I vaguely remember him trying to pull
me and keep walking. But I don't remember anything else
until I realized he was standing on my chest licking my
face! (It worked great, I woke up real quick!)

When my grandpa died 4 years later, Arnie became mine.
Grandpa never trained him, so I took on that role. I taught
him to walk with or without a leash, right beside me, and to
stop at the curb and wait for cars to pass. I taught him
some tricks to do, too, since he loved to do anything that
pleased people.

I had him for 5 years after that, with Mom taking care of
him while I was at college. He was my closest friend as a
teen, taking all my anger and frustrations and tears,
listening with all his energy, without loving me any less --
and how I needed to be loved! He was my loyal companion, my
trusted bodyguard, and my greatest admirer. When it came
time to put him to sleep, we took him to the SPCA and I
unclipped his leash and told him to follow the handler. He
trotted right along; I looked back once, the exact moment he
did, too, and I told him to go -- so he turned and trotted
off, loving and obedient to the end.


Kiko, Li'l Bit, Looey, D'Monica

I am a single woman who thought, although I had grown up
with animals as a major part of my life, I didn't want any
of my own... then my mother became terminally ill. I got a
kitten to keep me company and cheer my up--she was Angel the
first three days; then she decided she didn't like being
alone in the apartment, so she shredded every roll of toilet
tissue I had and scattered the confetti through the carpet.

So D'Monica and I headed home to Mobile, AL every weekend to
visit my mom, a five hour drive that she hated. My mother
referred to her as the only grandchild she would get out of
me. Since D'Monica didn't like other animals, she spent much
of her time cuddling with my mother on her bed. She was
with her the night my mom died.

This left us with a dilemma as none of my siblings,
including me, was equipped to take her three little dogs,
one Pekinese and two Pekithings ('cause the AKC registered
mother didn't do what she was supposed to). I decided to
revamp my life and bring the dogs back to Atlanta with me.

D'Monica was not a happy camper.

She let the dogs know immediately that she was in charge:
she had to sniff their food before they could eat; when they
came in from a romp in the yard, if she were lying in front
of the water dish, they could not drink; she decided which
squeaky toys were theirs and when. Eight years later, the
hierarchy holds but what a love-filled, adventurous house we

Custom Search

The Carte du Jour of Pet Health Care

Site Map